Monday, April 16, 2007

Apparently Diet Coke isn't Caffeine Free

So once again insomnia sets in and this time coinciding with a case of ADD... at least that's my excuse for putting off my English paper.

I've already written about transitioning back from coop, but I still feel terribly aloof about it all. While I have considerably more down time, it's hard for me to focus on a simple task such as studying, or doing research. Instead I find myself gravitating to anything that can pass the time... my latest deviation being to Center City.

My friend Nancy and I took a trip down to the city the other day. It was nice to show her around; she's been doing coop in new for the past half a year, and I've been getting better acclimated to the city since coop began. Our first stop was to my favorite coffee house, Village. It's about a 30 minute walk to 12th and Locust from campus (my preferred mode of transportation since I stopped going to the gym), but we were feeling a bit lazy that day, so we ended up just subwaying it. And that was probably a good idea, because after our coffee stint we just ended up wandering around the neighborhood for the next few hours. Even though I felt like I knew the area fairly well, Nancy and I ended up discovering quaint grocery store and cute tapas bars... already we have a date planned for Wednesday to go eat at the latter. I'm personally visiting the former to pick up some fantastic (blood orange and other herb infused) EVOO I tasted. If you haven't gathered at this point, my relationship with Nancy basically gravitates around food. And for two fairly tiny (her) and lanky (me) people, we pack it in. Although I did blame my freshmen 15 on her presence. It wasn't until she left for her coop in New York that I exercised it off. Oh well, I guess I'm entitled to a sophomore slump... or lump.

No comments: