Monday, May 21, 2007

Waffles!

"We could stay up late, swap manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!" - Donkey, Shrek

If you have yet to notice, waffles will in fact be the topic of blogging for the day and for quite a compelling reason. Some people call me a philathropist, for I truly try to make the world a better place. And chosen medium is with food. This morning I stumbled upon a fun little establishment on 17th between Sansom and Walnut Street by the name of Bonte. Situated below street level, it is a small coffee cafe distinguished by their token Belgium Waffles from which the name is derived. Now these waffles are made fresh from what they say are traditional imported ingredients. I may not know terribly much about Belgium fare, but I do know that the waffle served was perhaps one of the best waffles I have ever had the privilege of indulging myself with. While they can be with merely powedered sugar, I and many of the regulars recommend some sort of addition. The most popular appeared to be a chocolate dunk, but there were many a waffle with such toppings like blueberries, nuts, whipped cream. Yes, they may sound similar to the iHOP's but don't be mistaken. These waffles and Bonte are the real deal; they are quite simply wafflicious...

And for those of you not familiar with my prose... it quite differs when I'm writing under the influence of really, really good food.

No comments: